Steven Wilson - the Harmony Codex

Upcoming CDs, dazu Neuigkeiten aus der Musikszene.

Moderator: gelini71

Antworten
gelini71
DJ Mod
DJ Mod

Steven Wilson - the Harmony Codex

Beitrag von gelini71 » 21.06.2022, 14:05

bevor jetzt hier Vorfreude aufkommt - es ist noch eine ganze Weile hin.... :wink:

Cover gibt es noch keines

VÖ Datum: Mitte 2023

In einem Interview für das Onlinemagazin "Innerviews" hat SW auch über sein kommendes Soloalbum gesprochen.
What can listeners expect from your forthcoming 2023 solo album, The Harmony Codex?

It's going to maintain a lot of the musical vocabulary from The Future Bites, but it's going back into a more conceptual world, which is less about concise pop songs and more about experimentation. So, in the most simplistic terms, it might be somewhere between Hand. Cannot. Erase. and The Future Bites, but not like either of those records.

I'm really excited about it. I say that every time I have a new batch of songs, but there's really something unique about these songs. I have a feeling it could be a great record. I think the new album feels almost like the next step from The Future Bites, which was very streamlined and had a very strong pop sensibility. So, I asked myself “What am I going to do next, given that? Okay, I’m going to take those elements but place them withing something more ambitious.” Of course, everything informs everything else. So, I have tracks that have spiritual jazz elements, electronics, moments of progressive rock, voice manipulation, and modern DSP processing.

I’m so proud of The Future Bites, that I feel I want to do something different, because I can’t do anything better in that space. It’s perfect for what it is. I’ve only felt that way a few times in my career. When I made Hand. Cannot. Erase., I thought I couldn’t make a better conceptual, old-fashioned rock album. I don’t think I could better it now. I know how divisive The Future Bites was, given its allegiance to compact pop forms. But I always remind myself that the people who complain the loudest are in the minority. It’s usually the same 10-15 people. The actuality is The Future Bites was one of the most well-received albums of my entire career, broadly speaking.

I think people who like Porcupine Tree are going to love the direction of this new album. It’s much more epic and uncompromising. It’s more complex and unpredictable to a degree. After people experience the mercurial nature of this Porcupine Tree album, I think they’re going to look at the new solo album and think highly of it.

I wish I could have done The Future Bites tour, but COVID-19 got in the way. When the new album comes out, probably mid-2023, I’m going to be touring that record, as well as the new one. Some of the ideas I had for The Future Bites shows will be part of my next solo tour, as well. Between that and the Porcupine Tree album and tour, I think people have a lot to look forward to.
Quelle. Innerviews
Ich mache keine Rechtschreibfehler, ich gebe Wörtern lediglich eine individuelle Note

Vince
Actioncrew
Actioncrew

Re: Steven Wilson - the Harmony Codex

Beitrag von Vince » 21.06.2022, 17:45

Ich lese aus dem Text zwischen den Zeilen heraus, dass es ihn nervt, dass die letzte Platte nicht sehr gut weggekommen ist. Erst rechtfertigt er sich, dann argumentiert er mit dem kommerziellen Erfolg und spielt die Bedeutung seiner Kritiker herunter (immer die gleichen 10-15 Moserer). Jene Kritiker versucht er dann aber wiederum mit seinen Porcupine-Tree-ish-Andeutungen von sich zu überzeugen. Naaaaja. ;)
Mich muss er eh nicht überzeugen, ich bin ja ohnehin Komplettist und daher auch 2023 wieder am Start.

Antworten